22 Oct 2015

MY HUSBAND AND I (Part 14)

Lara was at the breakfast Table, when the gateman came in to tell her,
that a letter was delivered for her.
She opened the envelope gingerly, she read it aloud.
‘ peace of the most high God be upon you.
How’s your husbands health? I hope all is well.
I saw a revelation last night about you, I don’t know if its a mere
dream, or its a warning.
You just have to be careful about the way you do things, you are
surrounded by unfriendly friends.
There is danger lurking ahead.
May the good Lord see you through. Amen.
Pastor Wilson’
she read and re-read it again, what message is he trying to pass
across.
Danger? Unfriendly friends?
She felt shivers run down her spine.
“God see me through o.” she clasped her hands in prayers.
Unfriendly friends? She thought. She’ve got a few friends, just Deji.
Could it be Deji? No it can’t be!
“But Deji had been acting strangely now!” she argued aloud.
She’ve been asking suspicious questions about Tony!
“Hmm!” she sighed aloud.
Just then her phone beeped. A text from Deji.
hy bestie,
I’ll be travelling out of town, sorry I won’t be around for the dinner
with Tony as planned.
I’m really sorry.
My regards to Tony when he comes back.”
“Talk of the devil!” Lara exclaimed as she read the text.
She shook her head in suspicion.
Truly Deji is up to something, why would she travel when she knew
Tony is coming back that evening.
...
Lara dressed and redressed her dress for the twentieth time as she
leaned aaginst the car that brought them.
She wore make up for that occasion, courtesy of her mother-in-law.
She glanced her saphire wrist-watch, and shook her head.
She wondered what’s keeping Tony, their plane landed twenty minutes
ago.
“Why is it taking Tony so long to come na!” Amara complained as she
shuffled from one foot to another.
“Maybe something important.” Lara quipped.
“Hmm” came the grunt
“or maybe he’s shy!” she suggested again with a playful smile
“Shy? Tony lacks that characteristic o!” Amara laughed.
They both feel silent, as their eyes surveyed the airport environment.
Just then….
“Holly Majolly!” Amara exclaimed.
“What?” Lara asked.
“Don’t look back!” Amara tried to hold her.
But it was too late, Lara’s eyes swung left and right,then she spun
round, everything around her froze…
Tony was at a far end, locked in Sophia’s arm as they kissed
‘passionately’
Lara shut her eyes momentarily, then re-opened them, what she saw
was real!
Her vision began to get blurred, she was inhaling and exhaling
sharply.
Tony saw them, pushed Sophia away and ran hapilly towards them.
Lara saw him coming, on his own legs, no longer on the wheel chair.
She wished, she wished he never got well.
She wished… She began to slump slowly.
“Lara…” Amara said nervously as she tried to hold her.
But she passed out.
Tony stole glances at Lara as they ate breakfast, she seemed
interested only in the choco she drank, her toast was still intact.
“Madam, you are not eating…” he said without looking up.
“anything wrong?” he asked again, since she kept mute.
“What i’m thinking…doesitmatter?” Lara toyed with her scambled
eggs.
“It does, it matters to me…tell me.” Tony urged
“Do you have to go to work every morning?”
Tony smiled, he was expecting that.
“I stay at home-alone everyday, till you come back by evening, and..
And…” Lara complained.
Tony laughed.
“You are laughing? If you laugh again, you won’t go work today!” she
pouted
“you see..that’s why I said you start following me to the office, there’s
a chair for you! You could sit and gaze at me all day!” Tony said
smiling.
“No thank you.” Lara laughed.
“you said you’d be going out today.” he stated rather than asked.
“Yes, yes, I’d be going to see my mother, its been long since I saw
her.” Lara explained.
“aiit! But…be very careful.” Tony intoned picking up his jacket.
“bye baby..” he gave her a peck.
“bye…” she laughed.
...
“hehn! Omolara, so you remember me today.” Funke said as her
daughter flopped on a settee beside her.
“Mummy, don’t start o! I’m too tired!”
“so you won’t even eat in my house, ehn?” Funke gestured at the tray
she placed on a stool.
“Mum, not like that! I don’t have appetite…” Lara said slowly.
“hehen!” Funke clapped and looked her all over.
“you are looking so fresh! Enjoyment right?”
“Enjoyment ke! Mum I came to discuss something serious o” Lara sat
up.
“hmm, go on”
“Mum, I think there’s something wrong with my body, I’m becoming
fairer, changes everywhere…mybosom, my hips…my…mum you won’t
believe I now have a protuding navel…” Lara explained.
“Hmmm.”
“Seriously mum, I’ve lost taste for food, even Tony is becoming
worried.” Lara concluded.
“Wonderful!” Funke said absentmindedly.
“When last did you menstruate?”
“Errmm, I think Two months ago.” Lara informed her.
“Wow! How did you become pregnant? I thought your husband was
impo…”
“Mum please! Lets not talk about Tony!” Lara stopped her.
“I have a doctor friend, we shall go and see him.” Funke said giving
her a searching look.
“okay..”
“I’ll call to tell him we’re coming.” Funke walked into her room, to
make a phone call.
Lara watched her closely, she wasn’t expecting such kindness from
her troublesome mother.
...
“Thank you Doctor.” Funke smiled as Olakija walked into the office
carrying some papers.
“Omolara right?”Olakija asked Lara who nodded.
“From our test, you are seven weeks pregnant.” he informed her.
“Wow! Oh my God!” Lara jumped happily, hugging her mother.
“Thank you Almighty God! I’m so happy! Mum I’m pregnant! You’l
have a grandchild!” she shook her mother excitedly.
“Oh my! I need to call Tony…” her hands scrambbled through her bag
for her phone.
“Errm…there’snoneed for that.” Olakija said quitely.
“Oops! Its prohibited to make calls in your hospital?” Lara quipped.
“No…its..its just that..that..there is a complicative issue.” Olakija
sighed.
Lara’s face dropped.
“The foetus is not formed properly…”
“Yekpa! My grandchild! Haaa!” Funke threw her hands over her head.
Lara kept a straight face.
“I…I..don’t understand…this..this..” she stammered.
“Well…” Olakija exhaled sharply
“For your safety, you need to abort it, else it might get more
complicated and ..worst of all, cost you your life.”
Funke began to sob.
“what have I done to deserve this ehn? Can’t I have a grandchild ehn?
Awon Aje! Those witches are responsible.”
“I…errm…doctor…let me go home, and inform my husband.” Lara said
quitely.
“Noo…we can’t let you go now! We have to do it now, since your
mother is here. We can call your husband later. If we let the baby stay
anylonger, it might cost your life.” Olakija protested.
“Noo…” Lara began to say.
“omolara, I prefer your life to a million grandchildren o! Doctor please
help us, if possible remove her womb so that she won’t have
complicated issues again o!” Funke said holding her daughter.
Lara sensed trouble.
“but doctor…why the hurry? What if I’d not even see you today.” her
voice wavered.
....
Are you guys perceiving that funny smell? hehe.. Fasten your seat
belts.. the story has just begun!.....
Watch out for Part 15. POWERED BY MECHEZEDEK

No comments: