21 Oct 2015

MY HUSBAND AND I (Part 13)

Ehn!” Baba Lagbaja exclaimed again.
“Yes o! Including the two jeeps Tony’s Father gave her, and the…”
“Wait!” he stoped her, turning to Funke.
Funke! N gbo? You collected all that? Are you trying to sell your
daughter? You’ve sold her already I rather say!” he yelled at her.
Funke shifted uneasily on her seat.
“My daughter, sorry to have troubled you o. ” Baba Lagbaja told the
smiling Lara.
“Young men let’s go!” he said angrily and they rose to leave.
“Wait wait! I’ll pay!” Funke was desperate.
“I’l pay in installments, little by little.”
“When you sold your daughter to them, did you give her to them in
installments?” Baba Lagbara shrieked at her.
“Don’t ever come to me again o! If you do Sango would strike you
dead! ” he cursed before leaving the house with his group.
Funke was confused! How could her daughter become so mean.
“hey mum! You’ve got another plan?” Lara laughed at her dejected
mother.
“Well, I’m afraid, you’ll have to die without a grandchild o. As for me, I
can easily adopt as many children as I want o!” she jeered.
Funke threw her handbag at her in anger.
“Ouch!” Lara winced as the bag hit her belly.
“Please o! Be careful, Tony’s Babies are in there!” she laughed some
more.
“Lara, you’re doing this to me your mother! What’s your gain?” Funke
asked tears staining her eyes.
“My gain?” Lara looked sobber.
“My gain, is that, I can make you feel bad after all you did to me!”
Tears welled up her eyes too.
Omolara! I’m leaving you! Continue to ruin your life!”
“Yea! I’ll continue from where you stoped” Lara spat out.
“Don’t ever come to look for me! I’m no longer your mother.” Funke
fumed heading towards the exit.
“And I’m no longer your daughter!” Lara shot back.
Funke turned round astonished.
“Lara?” she whispered.
Lara walked into her room, leaving her to stand there like an
undecided ghost.
Funke tossed and turned on her bed. She had suffered from chronic
fever ever since her last encounter with Lara.
“What have I done to deserve such treatment from my daughter?” she
asked herself.
“The child I bore for nine months, brought up at my own expense,
decides to turn against me.” she gazed at the ceiling.
She counted the ceiling for a long time.
“Hmn!” she chuckled wickedly.
“So far I’m her biological mother, she must leave that marriage!
Whether Tony gets well or not!” she said firmly.
She brazed up a plan, she pulled her cellphone towards her and
dialled a number.
“Hello, Deji ?” she said into the phone.
“Hello, eka le ma! Good evening.” Deji said in a sleepy voice.
“Deji please, come over to my place tomorrow morning. We have
something to discuss.” Funke told her softly.
“okay ma.” Deji said cautiously before ending the call.
...
“Deji eat and drink now, its your home o.” Funke said as Deji sipped
her drink shyly.
“Deji there’s something I’ll want us to discuss.” she said after Deji
finished her snacks.
“I heard of a girl back then…the girl that used to be Tony’s mistress…I
mean Sophia…” she continued.
“uhum!” Deji grunted giving her suspicious look.
“Errm..Deji, I know you and your exploits, you have this city under
your finger tips…” Funke appraised her.
“So?” she grimaced.
“So I want you to tell me where she is! I know you monitor her
movements! Please let me have her address.” Funke explained.
“just like that? What do you want with her?” she asked.
“I’ve got some business plans, and I heard she’s good in such
business…”
“Of all the business women in this city?” Deji interrupted her.
“Common Deji, just give it to me! I’ll pay any amount you need.”
funke said this because she knew Deji is a sucker for money.
“hmmn, I just hope this ‘business’ won’t affect Lara o!” Deji
cautioned.
“Nooo…not at all! You forget Lara is my daughter!” Funke laughed.
“Okay!” Deji said scribbling Sophia’s address on a note pad.
“Thank you, name your pay!” Funke smiled satisfactorily.
“no need for that! Meanwhile, I must go and see Lara now, I promised
her I’m going over.” Deji made to go.
“Okay bye, and please don’t tell her about this o.” Funke saw her off.
She waved as Deji drove away, a donkey smile playing on her face.
First mission accomplished, next target on point!
Lara smiled absent mindedly at herself, its been a month since Tony
left, he’l be back soon.
“Can’t wait!” she said aloud to the empty room. She decided to call
him…
“Hello Baby?” Tony’s voice said from the other end.
“Good morning to you.”
“morning how do you do? Hope you slept well?” Tony asked.
“Not that well, and you?” she made a face as she spoke.
“same here, missing ya loads.” he laughed.
“So you’re coming back this weekend?”
“Nooo, the doctor said I should for two weeks more.” Tony explained.
“Oooh” she groaned.
“hey hey hey! Two weeks is just like two days, no need for that okay?
I’ll be back soon. There are many thing I’d like to show you!” he said
soothingly.
“Many things? Like?” she laughed
and on and on, their conversation went till the door bell rang.
“Hey hold on! I’ll call ya later.” Lara said before ending the call.
Deji was at the door.
“ah! Ore mi atata, my friend, welcome!” she hugged Deji.
“This one you are looking fresh ehn?” Deji teased.
“You can say that again.” Lara giggled as she served her friend.
“When is the hubby coming back now?” Deji asked gently.
Lara was taken aback, Deji never referred to Tony as ‘the hubby’
before,
“Errrm, i just called him on phone, he said next two weeks..” she
explained.
“Next two weeks!” Deji echoed after her, she looked pleased by the
information.
“Yea!” lara felt a strange feeling, she knew Deji very well, that look on
her face isn’t for nothing.
“Excuse me!” deji said as she made a call.
“Hello, Lady?” she said.
“The client should be in town in the next fourteen days, yea, business
should be cool!” she smiled mischievously.
“Okay, bye, get all arrangements ready please.” she ended the call.
“The client? Next fourteen days?” Lara asked quitely.
“Yea, just some sort of business.” Deji avoided her eyes.
“Business? What type?”
“Oooh, Lara please! I didn’t come here for an interview na!” she
laughed.
“Okay” Lara sighed. Deji has been acting strangely for some time now.
She hope there won’t be troubles.
“So tell me girlie! How’s Tony? His health?” Deji shoved her playfully.
Lara laughed, some how she felt more relaxed
Stay tuned for Part 14.                 POWERED BY MECHEZEDEK

No comments: